I am an energetic hands-on software engineering leader that ships software by building and leading productive agile software development teams while focusing on company needs and goals.
- Created a SaaS platform and deployed to a large customer across the US to create Swing Labs’ revenue.
- Managed the effort to develop a new product line from scratch that resulted in the creation of Rand McNally’s New Media Division and the generation of a huge new revenue stream for them.
- Bridged a communication gap, between a key engineering team and management, that enabled SkyGolf to move ahead with stalled product development.
- Spearheaded the creation of a safe engineering environment that promoted trust, reduced stress, produced transparency, and increased quality and productivity.
- Code full-stack software that works and ships
- Lead agile teams to deliver software to the marketplace on schedule
- Transform product ideas into actionable plans for implementation
- Build safe environments for team members to do their best work
- Believe that teams are essential to success
- Perform consistently and predictably
- Nurture strong communication among team members and within overall organization
- Play with my kids, windsurfers and cameras
Especially skilled at defining, leading and finishing software development projects. Proven reputation for building effective, productive working relationships with company leadership and engineering teams. Energetic self starter with excellent technical, organizational, communication and management skills.
- Experienced Finisher: routinely ship quality software to users
- Energetic Self Starter: attack bottlenecks and problems to remove team roadblocks
- Enthusiastic Team Player: foster great communication to ensure maximum productivity from entire team
- Dedicated Developer: strive to guarantee that requirements are properly prioritized
- Devoted Leader: insist on open, respectful, fun, safe work environment
University of California at Berkeley, B.A. Computer Science
Freelance Hands-on CTO and Android Engineer (January 2013 – Present)
Igor’s Software Labs LLC
Principal member of team creating software solutions that take our customers to their next level.
- Architect solutions to raise clients to their next level
- Craft and present detailed proposals to implement clients’ dreams
- Code full stack solutions to make customers’ vision a reality
- Evangelize and implement agile software development management practices
- Deepen customer relationships constantly
- Devise technical direction to align client needs with implementation
Director of Software Engineering (August 2009 – December 2012)
Swing Labs (a SkyGolf Company) – http://www.skygolf.com
- Led Agile development process
- Managed integration of newly combined team members
- Developed plans to implement high priority product enhancements
- Implemented new product functionality
- Identified critical path bottlenecks and acted to ease those pressure points
Co-Founder, VP Software Engineering (March 2004 – July 2009)
Swing Labs, LLC – http://www.swinglabs.com
- Architected and coded software solutions for product features
- Produced and presented implementation plans to stakeholders
- Integrated with all major golf ball flight tracking devices
- Communicated regularly with stakeholders and teammates to maintain healthy working relationships
Co-founder, VP of Software Engineering, Software Development Consultancy (August 1986 to 2004)
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc. – http://www.sapien.com
- Managed simultaneous development teams for several product lines for clients
- Empowered team members, supported their decisions, and made final decisions when needed
- Mentored team members and provided technical leadership for engineering projects
- Architected and implemented software for body motion device connectivity and high speed data collection